Moving out can tend to get very stressful. It is not only the looming pressure of packing but cleaning up at the end of the activity that can add to the pressure. You, as a tenant, are obligated to keep the place spick and span before you move out at the end of your lease.
What are the basics that you need to cover as a tenant?
The first thing that you need to decide is if you want to clean everything by yourself! You should keep in mind that house cleaning includes removing bug infestations, molds, and everything else that might give off an unwanted vibe.
House cleaning can be exhausting as an activity. Cleaning carpets, sofas, kitchens, and bathrooms can take a toll on your well-being when you are doing it all by yourself. However, cleaning services help you achieve it as a team.
How do cleaning services make your moving out easier?
Cleaning a house is not only restricted to the internal house area. It includes the garden, the driveway, the lawns, the garage, and other associated areas. Cleaning these areas might demand unplugging and removing sophisticated parts that might come as a challenge.
Professional help can assist you in doing so safely. It is safe and more organized from a generic point of view. Most tenants want to do it all by themselves, which might cause issues later. This can cause a bad reputation as a tenant.
What should you keep in mind before cleaning and moving out?
- Your deposit is returned only after the cleanliness analysis. If the house is not clean, it risks you getting back your deposit amount.
- There are a few situations where you might not be required to clean the rugs and curtains. This is solely taken care of by the landlord. Therefore, we recommend that you read the fine print before undertaking any cleaning measures.
- It is a landlord’s right to expect the same level of hygiene in the rented property as it was handed over to you.
- As long as there is genuine wear and tear which can be justified, the same fixed by the tenant, the property must be returned in as-is condition to the agency and the landlord.
- DIY enthusiasm is great; however, you must be aware of the time and energy that goes into expenditure. Professional cleaning services such as IB cleaning solutions send in up to 2-4 technicians and do a complete deep cleaning of the property in about 4.5 hours.
- You would have to additionally purchase special cleaning tools and instruments and steaming devices to return the property to its original state. This is additional overhead which is almost twice the amount that you spend on hiring cleaning services.
You, as a tenant, are responsible for cleaning, managing, and monitoring all the cleaning before the end of the lease. Professionals best handle infestations, mildew, mold, and other complicated cleaning situations, and you must seek help when needed. Clearing services such as the IB Cleaning Services provide a holistic solution.